Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Jeg er i Danmark!

I am finally here in Denmark! I love it!

I arrived around 730 on friday morning and was met by some AFS staff at the airport. From there, the 5 other Americans and I went by bus to a folkeskole (kindergarten to 9th grade). We were the first country there and so we got to meet all the other countries as they came. In total, there were 216 students!

Yesterday my host family (dad, mom and sister) came to pick to me up at the folkeskole and brought me home. It was raining, but it felt so good to finally meet them. When we got home, I unpacked and then Fie (my sister) and I rode our bikes to the library to get me some children books. Then we came home and she made me read them to her. It was funny. I already like her a lot. For dinner we had chicken, beef and salmon on bread with lettuce, tomato, onion and ketchup. It was good!

Today, Fie and I went to Køge (a neighboring town) on our bikes and "registered" me. Then we shopped for school supplies and rode back to Herfølge. We watched Madagascar 2 in Danish with English subtitles and then had a tradional Danish lunch with rugbrød, a heavy, dark bread. I don't hate it, but I do not love it either. It will take some getting used to.

Andy E

No comments:

Post a Comment