Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Homesickness, School, etc.

I experienced my first homesickness. I was not so much "homesick", but more "sick of home". For 5 days all I did was sit in my room, watch TV and take naps. I was mad about the language, my family, my town, my school, etc. What I needed was a routine; I now have a routine. I also needed some time alone, which I got today. My parents work from 9-5 every weekday and school started today, so Fie was at school and I had the house to myself and the silence was good.

Last night I started to make chocolate chip cookies, but forgot about the chocolate chips!!! So, this morning I went to the supermarket looking for "cooking chocolate". I was having a difficult time, so I asked a lady, "Er du snakker engelsk?" (Do you speak english?) Thankfully she did and was able to find the chocolate right away. I started to cut the chocolate into "chips" right away and then put them in the cookie dough. I intially thought that they tasted terrible. However, when Elise got home she reassured me that they were tasteful.

Elise got home early to take me to language school. It is in Køge, a neighboring town 2 miles away. The language school is Tuesdays and Thursdays, so this was like a mini-lesson about the tings I missed yesterday. There were two other AFS exchange students there: Joe (MI, USA) and Lennart (Germany). Although my school started today all the exchange students were asked not to come because the day would be hectic and we didn't need to be there. There are 1000 students in my school (I know!) and there will be like 10 exchange students (not all AFS). I will go to school tomorrow and then from school I will go to language school in Køge. It is confusing for me, so I am guessing is confusing for you as well. I will let you know how my first day of school goes.

Andy E

No comments:

Post a Comment